Friday, December 03, 2010

It's steam! It's punk! It's steampunk!



Yes, it’s a steam powered record player. Playing a punk LP. The Sex Pistols – God save the Queen (Victoria obviously).

You can’t really get more steam, or punk, than that!

And yes, I know it sounds terrible.
....

Now steampunk is an odd thing. It’s not really my cup of tea and I got somewhat annoyed after I posted details of my Google Maps Brass Wristlet Navigator that people called it steampunk. That wasn’t the intention! It just happens to be made from brass. But I thought well, if people want steampunk then let’s do something that’s really steampunk. Hence the steam powered gramophone.

Yea, it sounds terrible, but is still a wonder to behold. More details and pictures at Asciimation, the website of fellow who made the steam powered, punk rock playing turntable (via Retro Thing).

2 comments:

Top World News said...

Awesome blog!!!

Your blog provides very interesting details and your postings are really exceptional. I love your blog and i m a "Follower" too.

I feel my blog visitors would also enjoy reading through your blog.
So I have added your link in my blog http://vigltd.blogspot.com/ under "Informative Blogs" Section.

I would be glad if you could also place my link in your blog.

Thanks for your time.

Hope u too would like my blog...

ambisinistral said...

TWN -- Interesting collection of stories. I've added a link to your site.

I've also added a sidebar link to Borderland Beat. It's a grim read, but important IMHO.